Back pain is pain that’s present due to involvement of the muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, bones and joints in the back. Patients can present with mechanical dysfunction due to:
- Herniated Discs – Bulging out of the soft intervertebral discs between vertebra.
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration – Damage which is a part of normal aging process of the disc.
- Facet Joint Degeneration – Small joints found between two vertebral bones.
- Sciatica – Compression of the nerves in lower back.
- Back Spasms/ Muscle Spasms
Patients can also experience trauma to the back causing sprains/strains and fractures. Many medical conditions can also affect the back.
Read More »